Social media has changed the world of SEO and online marketing.
We’ve to know the social media has a huge influence on search engine rankings.
In the last couple of years, many social media marketing companies are coming to the market and creating brand awareness via social media promotions.
There was a time when you could only get traffic from search engines (and from paid traffic). But now, the situation has completely changed, and internet marketers and bloggers are using new social media marketing strategies.
Tap into targeted traffic streams from social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest Instagram, and Google+.
As a blogger, it is essential to have social media profiles. From a blogging perspective, social media traffic is some of the most targeted traffic available and its free.
From a brand perspective, you can get feedback from your loyal supporters via social media campaigns and interactions. Once you’ve built up trust, converting these users into paying customers/subscribers becomes much easier.
What is Social Media Marketing?
Social media marketing (SMM) is the act of creating brand awareness to drive targeted traffic from social media sites.
These sites include Facebook, Twitter, G+, Pinterest, YouTube, Flickr, community forums, etc.
SMM relies on user interactions. Any place where people can interact is a place that can be marketed to.
- Social Media: Websites like Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, YouTube, Flickr, etc. where users (or groups of users) share some kind of media (e.g. videos, images, songs, texts, etc.). You can use yeello for publishing your content and you will save a lot of time.
- Social Bookmarking: Websites like Digg, StumbleUpon, Delicious, etc. where users can bookmark their favorite URLs and share them publicly.
- Social News: Websites like Techmeme where users submit news articles that get ranked based on popularity.
- Social Apps: With the increasing usage of Smartphones, we can’t afford to ignore the importance of social apps like Foursquare and Viber where users can interact with one another on-the-go.
Popular Social Media Sites:
- Google+ (Also impact search engine ranking)
Depend on what you have to prompt, you need to pick the right social media site to promote on.
Social Media Marketing (SMM) for Bloggers
We need to accept the concept that blogging and social media go hand-in-hand. Bloggers need to have a social media presence. This is crucial to the success of a blog.
It’s impossible to cover promotion techniques for every blog on every social media site because each blog and each social media site works differently. But we can highlight some benefits that you will incur if you start marketing on social media.
Overall, SMM will help in driving targeted traffic, and bloggers can benefit from the golden rule:
- More targeted traffic = Higher earnings.
Here are some of the benefits of social media marketing:
Do’s and Don’t of Social Media Marketing
Firstly, social media sites are all about being social.
Instead of being a machine, you need to be a human. You need to understand people’s emotions and offer content/media/product based on their moods.
Getting numbers are good for any business but focus more on acquiring targeted users. If you throw your net too wide, you may catch negativity from untargeted visitors.
Here are some things you should and should not do on social media sites…
- Engage with users.
- Post daily, or at a regular interval.
- Share links/images/video related to your niche.
- Keep an eye on social media trends and upcoming news in your niche.
- Talk about trending topics in your niche/market.
- Keep your profile information up to date.
- Target users based on demographics and interests.
- Monitor your brand presence.
- Keep your brand the same across all platforms.
- Add humor and personal touches to your updates and comments.
- Keep an eye on competitors’ strategies.
- Increase trust and loyalty among your users.
- Avoid over posting.
- Avoid spamming (too much self-promotion is spamming).
- Avoid buying followers and users.
- Don’t use bots to increase your numbers.
- Never fight with your readers. Stay calm!
- Avoid insulting your followers and subscribers.
- Don’t ignore any feedback or comments. Acknowledge all of them.
- Don’t spend too much time on social media sites use Yeello.
Blogging is not just about SEO and content writing. You also need to focus on increasing your social media conversions and building a brand.