Competitor analysis is a key to business success. One should know what his competitors are doing and how they are doing that. The same rule applies in case of SEO as well.
Performing competitor keyword research is one of the best ways to boost your search engine optimization. If you can figure out your competitor’s keywords, you can use those keywords on your website and grow your organic traffic.
What is competitor’s keyword research?
About a competitor’s keywords research, we’re typically referring to both the keywords that your competitor ranks well for in search engine results, as well as the keywords your competitor is targeting but has failed to rank well for. These categories can inform your SEO keyword strategy.
SEO is a long-term game. In other words, you can’t see overnight results. You have to spend some time and effort making content and strategy. Then you have to highly promote it in social media. Achieving high rankings can take months. If your audience starts to appear, then all that effort was best for you.
How to find competitor’s keywords?
Before searching for any keywords search tool, identify your audience and your competitors. Competitor keyword research just isn’t that simple. You’ll have to do a little manual digging to compile a list of your competitor’s keywords.
You should choose keywords that have a good mix of Competition and Popularity. However, you should also focus on keywords that are in your competitive range.
There are many great tools which have many features to find best keywords. It performs keyword research by using tools with following features:
- Exact search volumes
- Distinguishing among close variant keywords
- SEO keyword difficulty values
- Monthly trend charts
- From country to city-level localized results
- Hundreds of suggestions to explore new long tails
- Immediate SERP analysis for each keyword to see whether you’re actually able to rank for the keyword
- Keyword lists management
- Easy to use
- Friendly interface
- Good price 🙂
Use some tools to find competitors keywords
Following are some tools for figuring out your competitors’ keywords:
1. Google Keyword Planner – is a very good free keyword research tool, but it has changed in the recent years and now it is more suitable for the ad campaigns rather than general keyword research (it makes sense at it is an AdWords tool).Google Keyword Planner is the best place to begin keyword research.
Google Keyword Planner shows the exact volumes only if you spend enough money in AdWords.
2. SEMrush – SEMrush tool is used for keywords and competitors analysis both.
The best part about SEM Rush is there are more than 20 ways to research your competition.
You can find their best backlinks, their best keywords, their best content, and more. It’s even great for paid traffic and PPC.
3. Moz’s Keyword Explorer – Keyword Explorer is a new tool by Moz that adds some extra dimensions to keyword research. In addition to Volume and Difficulty, Keyword Explorer offers:
- Opportunity: Relative CTR of the organic results on a SERP
- Importance: How critical the keyword is to your campaign
- Potential: A combination of all keyword metrics to help you prioritize
4. Keyword Tool – Keyword Tool is a great starting point for keyword data mining. The tool uses Google Autocomplete data to create its database of long-tail keyword suggestions.
5. KWFinder – KWFinder is a long tail keyword research tool with a great interface. It shows you trend, search volume, CPC, and level of difficulty in results.
There are a lot of different ways to put the same idea into different words. Language is very flexible, and so are people. Before you start targeting specific words, you need to have a good list of concepts. The Internet makes it easy to find the topics that matter in your niche.
It encourages you to create some more content and add keywords, new works wonders for inspiration to you.
On a side note:
Check out some more posts related to SEO:
Thanks for reading!